Friday, December 28, 2012

I did a little preliminary work before starting the internship. When I started work on my application for the internship with my mentor, Jonathan Fuerth, I began with "Getting Started With Errai and CDI". I was having trouble creating my project. At first we thought it was because of memory size and edited pom.xl accordingly. But that didn't take care of the problem. Upon editing we found

-DarchetypeVersion=2.1.0-SNAPSHOT needed to be changed to
-DarchetypeVersion=2.2.0-SNAPSHOT in the initial Maven command at the beginning of the "Create Your Project" section:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.jboss.errai.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=cdi-quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=2.2.0-SNAPSHOT -DarchetypeRepository= 

The directions gave this command as a simple copy/paste so it was easy to copy the wrong version into the command prompt and not even realize it. Else where in the Users Guide the correct version was listed so it was easy to overlook it in the "Create Your Project" section. Since then the directions have been corrected so the right version is copied. This correction allowed me to create my project and finish the tutorial by configuring my project for Eclipse and completing "A Gentle Introduction to CDI."

No comments:

Post a Comment